Love to get some feedback.

I love fabrics and clothes but really not the catwalk glamour kind.What I love are homemade style and unusual designers who make ageless and comfortable clothes for all types of women. I love antique lace and pretty things like ribbons and other embelishments. Ethnic clothes and all kinds of embroidery interest me and I love to look at piantings for inspiration too.All dress is fancy dress if you like as we are born nude Ha ! Ha!
So please if you have any comments ,ideas or favourites let me know,hope you enjoy Sweet Disorder!

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Christmas is over and New Year started

The sewing room is no longer a guest room for a while and I have been able to get into my retreat once again.Virginia Woolf wrote that every woman should have a room of her own. Sadly most people do not have this luxury but at the moment I am lucky to have my own space. When things get me down I go and look at my collection of fabrics and sit on the sofa getting lost in a bit of whimsy! I love old fashioned illustrations and sewing instruction books,fantasy and inspiration for me.
This is a nice idea to embellish sleeves !
You can collect lace edgings from tray cloths and doilies,they look good dyed  different colours or steeped in tea to get an antique look.

Here is another idea,making bloomers out of old white cotton  trousers! I love bloomers they are great fun!
At the moment I am making a white silk slip in this style and I will post the finished result. The material is light as gossamer and I was wary of using it as it is so delicate.

Think I will try this on an older cardi,,my house is getting swamped with doilies as I search charity shops for them and buy them impulsively!There is something so delightful about them ,so dainty and small but made intricately.I like the hand made ones best as I imagine their stories, the hands that made them and the homes they were part off.

I like this idea as well. You can customize and update jumpers using favorite  scraps of fabric and lace.
To make my sewing room complete I am looking for a tailors dummy that is adjustable,they are expensive new so perhaps I will find a  second hand one,anybody got one they want to be rid of? I have this idea that if I had one it would make me more  adventurous!
 Back to the sewing!

No comments: