Love to get some feedback.

I love fabrics and clothes but really not the catwalk glamour kind.What I love are homemade style and unusual designers who make ageless and comfortable clothes for all types of women. I love antique lace and pretty things like ribbons and other embelishments. Ethnic clothes and all kinds of embroidery interest me and I love to look at piantings for inspiration too.All dress is fancy dress if you like as we are born nude Ha ! Ha!
So please if you have any comments ,ideas or favourites let me know,hope you enjoy Sweet Disorder!

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Some more bits of inspiration!

This is a very flattering collar!


Here is a selection of beautiful lace collars, sometimes you can find lovely pieces in antique shops and fairs.
 A lace collar adds something pure and delicate to a blouse or dress.
 
 The fine workmanship that goes into handmade lace has a magic of its own.
 
 I love this demure collar on the plain black.
 A little lace at the throat softens and flatters the complexion.
 

 I was lucky enough to know a lady who made lace,she created the most exquisite work and was always looking for new and unusual bobbins.The concentration and finesse that goes into hand made lace is astonishing,such patience and intricacy! 
Machine lace is also lovely and very usuful for trimming but the the art of lace making must be cherished.

 
 

No comments: